AlcoholEdu Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happens if I do not complete AlchoholEdu Part 1 and/or Part 2 with a passing grade prior to the deadline?
A: You will receive a hold on your account, which results in you not being able to register for classes.
Q: Do I need to complete AlcoholEdu all at once or can I take breaks?
A: No, you do not need to complete the course all at once. You are able to save your work throughout the course and return to finish at another time.
Q: I have just completed AlcoholEdu Part 1 and would now like to complete Part 2. Can I go ahead and complete AlcoholEdu Part 2 in advance?
A: No. There is a 30-45 day waiting period until you are able to access AlcoholEdu Part 2.
Q: Am I able to transfer my AlcoholEdu for College credit to meet my GreekLifeEdu requirement?
A: No. Since the GreekLifeEdu course is tailored totally to the Greek experience, you must complete both courses if your Greek national organization has the GreekLifeEdu requirement.
Q. I am having trouble accessing AlcoholEdu from the My SC account. What should I do?
A. Please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-777-1800. Please note that the Help Desk is unable to answer any questions about your individual USC records.
Q. I am having trouble with the AlcoholEdu website. What should I do?
A. For 24/7 Online Technical Support, click on the HELP button located in the upper right-hand corner of every screen in the AlcoholEdu course. Select the “Request Support Tab” for more contact options.
Q. I didn’t receive a passing score on the AlcoholEdu exam and so now I need to retake it. How do I do this?
A. Go to My SC and sign-in with your username and password. Select the AlcoholEdu box to access the course. This will take you to My AlcoholEdu. From the course results box in the upper left-hand corner click “Exam Retake Required”.
Q. I am having trouble viewing the Course Media (images loading, can’t move past a section.) What should I do?
A. Follow these instructions:
- Select “Audio Only” for the Media Option on the MEDIA SETTINGS page (Media Settings link is in the upper right hand corner of the AlcoholEdu screen).
- Do not play music or run video clips on your computer (CD, MP3s, other websites, etc.) while viewing the course.
- Try another browser. We support Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Do not have any other programs or applications running on your computer while viewing the course (including applications such as Instant Messenger, music/file sharing – Kazaa, Audiogalaxy, etc).
- Log in at a campus lab or library as opposed to your residence hall for a faster Internet connection.
- Access the course at a different time of day (during non-peak hours, i.e. morning).
- Do not use your wireless connection. Connect directly to the Internet for a faster Internet connection.
Q. I have another question that wasn’t answered here. What should I do?
A. Email the Substance Abuse Prevention and Education Office at email@example.com. We will respond to you within 48 hours. If you need immediate assistance, you can contact us at (803)777-3933.