There are five openings for House Director positions at the University of South Carolina. The positions include Alpha Delta Pi, Beta Theta Pi, Delta Delta Delta Kappa Kappa Gamma and Phi Mu. The House Director positions are nine month live-in positions with responsibilities for the day-to-day operations of fraternity and sorority houses. Specific questions related to these anticipated openings can be addressed by contacting the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, 803-777-3506.
Duties for all house directors include:
- Ensure compliance with University policy; assist in appropriate resolution of student issues, developing house-specific policies as needed; coordinator schedule for housekeeper(s), caterer(s), cook(s) or landscaper(s).
- Knowledgeable about educational programming occurring with the chapter on a semesterly basis.
- Maintain account records for the House Corporation; coordinate and conduct health and safety inspections; oversee the opening and closing of the house.
- Plan meals and special events; approve event content and value; monitor successful execution of in-house events.
- Provide emergency on-call system; maintain availability 24/7.
- Responsible for complying with written rules, regulations and standard operating procedures for the state, university and house corporation of the facility.
Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services or a related field, or bachelor’s degree and two (2) years related experience. Membership in Greek organization preferred. Experience in areas of house management or campus housing is highly preferred. Ability to use email, Microsoft office programs and internet browser. Strong written and verbal skills are essential. Managerial skills, including the ability to organize and supervise staff.
Benefits package includes a competitive salary with state benefits, furnished apartment and utilities, meal plan and on-site parking.
All positions will start August 1, 2012. Please visit the University’s Human Resources website for detailed announcement and to complete an application: https://uscjobs.sc.edu.
The University of South Carolina provides equal opportunity and affirmative action in education and employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.