To provide campus leadership in the study, promotion and implementation of Healthy Campus 2020 goals and objectives at the University of South Carolina. The Healthy Carolina Coalition consists of seven councils with representatives from faculty, staff, students and community members of the Columbia campus community.
1. Leadership and Support
3. Health Communications
4. Collaboration and Advocacy
5. Research and Assessment
The Healthy Carolina Coalition is managed by a Steering Council and initiatives are carried out through the strategic plans of eight Wellness Councils including:
- Carolina Community Coalition
- Healthy Lifestyles Council
- Mental Health Council
- Safety Committee
- Sexual Health Council
- Working Well Council
If you would like to be involved with one of the Wellness Councils within the Healthy Carolina Coalition of Councils, please review the information below and complete the application form found at the bottom of this page. Either a Healthy Carolina staff member or the Chairperson(s) of the Council you are interested in will contact you regarding your application.
- Any University of South Carolina student, faculty or staff member, or community member is eligible for membership in the Coalition
Attendance at selected wellness council meetings is a requirement
- Average time requirement is at least 1 – 2 hour(s) per month
- Must advocate for health and wellness initiatives within campus community
Benefits of Membership
- Access to a premier network of health and wellness organizations and leaders from the campus community
- Stay on the cutting edge of health and wellness issues
- Directly influence the health and wellness culture of the community
- Develop communication and leadership skills
If you have any questions please contact Jackie Knight from Healthy Carolina at 803-777-3164 or KNIGHTJY@mailbox.sc.edu.