Emerging Leader Mentors: Fall 2012
Emerging Leader Mentors (ELMs) are students who have been at the university for more than 4 semesters who provide mentoring for students in the Emerging Leaders Program. Click here for more information on ELP.
There will be 2 sections of ELP in the fall! You can mentor students in the Wednesday or the Thursday section depending on your availability.
Wednesdays: September 12 – November 7 from 5pm – 6:30pm
Thursdays: September 13 – November 8 from 5pm – 6:30pm
- One-time training session in the beginning of the semester
- Involvement in multiple ELP sessions, including Teambuilding Skills, Leadership Lab: Implementing our Skills, and graduation.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of at least one ELP session
- Meet with ELP students outside of session as needed
- Assist in the planning of the graduation ceremony and facilitation of awards and certificates
There are multiple benefits to being an Emerging Leader Mentor!
- Meet people! Connect with other upperclassmen mentors and students transitioning to life at USC
- Assist new students in their transition to college and potential student leadership role
- Offer your advice and knowledge while getting experience in mentoring others
- Develop a community of student leaders who will make a difference at USC
- Support a Carolina tradition! ELP has been serving students for almost 25 years!
Questions? Contact Stefanie D. Burke at email@example.com or 777-8165.