APPLY to be on the LEADERSHIP TEAM 2013-2014!
The Leadership Team is a group of student leaders who support the mission and services of Leadership Programs in the Department of Student Life. The team is comprised of students with a variety of campus involvement and knowledge. The Leadership Team serves as experts on Leadership Programs initiatives (e.g. Student Leadership and Diversity Conference, award recognition programs, etc.). The team also facilitates leadership consulting and outreach sessions with campus and community partners.
Benefits of the Leadership Team
As a member of the Leadership Team, you will represent a student perspective, as well as participate in the development, planning and execution of Leadership Programs initiatives. You will:
- Further explore your leadership skills as individuals, in partnerships, groups, and communities.
- Sharpen your critical thinking skills
- Be presented with networking opportunities
- Enhance your personal knowledge and practice of leadership
- Further develop your ability to integrate your learning within and beyond the classroom
Student Leaders serving on the Leadership Team:
- Must be a full-time student enrolled at the University of South Carolina-Columbia
- Have completed at least 2 semesters at USC Columbia
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing with their respective college
- Have an interest/experience in the area of Leadership Programs
- Be available to hold at least 2 office hours per week for Leadership Programs
- Be available to attend weekly Leadership Team meetings
- Willingness to be flexible & have fun!
Questions? Please contact Carly Myers, Graduate Assistant for Leadership Programs at (803) 777-7130 or email@example.com.
Introducing the 2012-2013 Leadership Team …
Major: International Business
Involvement on campus: Intramural soccer and beach volleyball, ALD member, Emerging Leaders Program Graduate, SLDC Sub-Committee
Favorite Quote: “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.” ~Brian Littrel
Major: International Business and Global Supply Chain Management
Involvement on Campus: Student Instructor, Marketing Manager for Net Impact, President Make-A-Wish Club, Emerging Leaders Program Graduate, SLDC Sub-committee
Favorite Quote: “Life is not measured by the number breaths you take, rather the number of moments that take your breath away.”
Emma Van Sant
Major: International Business and Marketing
Involvement on Campus: Peer advisor with Cross Campus Advising in the Student Success Center, LEAP Graduate, SLDC Sub-committee
Favorite Quote: “The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already.” John Buchan
Involvement on campus: Student Assistant at Office of Student Conduct, Capstone Ambassador, ALD member, DEI member
Favorite Quote: “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” -Einstein
Major: Public Health
Involvement on campus: U101 Peer Leader, Organic Lab Volunteer, SLDC Committee
Favorite Quote: “Making one person smile can change the world – maybe not the whole world, but their world.”
Major: African American Studies/Business Admin Minor
Involvement on campus: Emerging Leader Mentor, Resident Mentor, Omicron Delta Kappa, Pan-African Student Association, National Residence Hall Honorary, Resident Mentor Council, U101 Peer Leader
Favorite Quote: “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”-Harold R. McAlindon