WHAT is SLDC?
The Student Leadership and Diversity Conference (SLDC) is a one-day regional conference sponsored by the Leadership and Service Center at the University of South Carolina—Columbia.
WHY attend SLDC?
Currently in its 29th year, SLDC provides an exciting opportunity for students and staff from institutions across the Southeast to network and explore important issues in diversity and student leadership. With 30+ educational sessions and two keynote speakers, SLDC trains and educates participants in:
• Essential leadership skills for a diverse society
• Developing a leadership identity
• Creating initiatives and methods to foster sustainable positive change
• Maximizing their student leadership experience
WHEN and WHERE is SLDC?
SLDC 2015 will take place Saturday, February 7 from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., with check-in beginning at 8:30 a.m. All conference activities happen in the Russell House University Union on the University of South Carolina campus in Columbia, SC.
WHO attends SLDC?
Approximately 500 students, faculty, and staff members at universities, colleges, and technical schools in the southeast region join their peers at SLDC each year. SLDC is especially beneficial for student leaders in:
• Student organizations and student government
• Residence hall governments
• Greek organizations
• Programming boards
• Student media groups
• Diversity outreach/education groups
• And many more!