USC Faculty and Staff
This page provides information on the various types of impairments the Office of Student Disability Services most commonly encounters and the services we offer for students that are registered with our office. You’ll also see additional resources and information that may be useful.
- Testing Services Faculty Information
- Test Proctoring Form (If multiple students are taking the test, please complete a copy for each student.)
Faculty and Staff are encouraged to discuss accommodations with students at the beginning of each semester. Faculty may wish to include one of the following statements on their syllabi:
- “Any student with a documented disability should contact the Office of Student Disability Services at 777-6142 to make arrangements for appropriate accommodations.”
- “Students with Disabilities: The University of South Carolina provides high-quality services to students with disabilities, and we encourage you to take advantage of them. Students with disabilities needing academic accommodations should: (1) Register with and provide documentation to the Office of Student Disability Services in LeConte College Room 112A, and (2) Discuss with the instructor the type of academic or physical accommodations you need. Please do this as soon as possible. *All course materials are available in alternative format upon request*“
Blackboard Support and Test Availability Exceptions
- Blackboard Availability Options and Exceptions – video about Test Options and how to set exceptions (e.g. extended test time) for specific students.
- Blackboard Test Options – Blackboard article about adding extended test time to online tests for students that receive that accommodation from our office
To ask questions, report problems, or make suggestions related to Blackboard:
- Call: 803-777-1800
- Email: email@example.com