CHOOSE to LOSE
Beginning September 17, 2013 and ending November 14, 2013
Education & Workout Sessions: Tuesdays (5:30 pm-6:30 pm) and Thursdays (5:00 pm-6:00 pm) in the Blatt Physical Education Center Gym 308.
Choose to Lose was recognized as the 2011 Outstanding Wellness Program for Higher Education Professionals recipient by the American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
This 9-week program focuses on creating a solid foundation for losing weight in a healthy, sustainable way. The program emphasizes making manageable, day-to-day changes that create lasting results for life! To achieve lasting results from this program, participants should follow the Four Pillars of Choose to Lose Success:
- Accountability for your actions and behaviors
- Attendance at every Choose to Lose session
- Commitment to the overall program from beginning to end
- Tracking your food intake and weight through weekly check-ins
This program is designed for individuals seeking assistance with substantial weight loss that need assistance with managing/preventing medical conditions, may feel less comfortable or knowledgeable about how to exercise correctly or how to make exercise work, and could use extensive education, support and motivation to make changes possible. This program includes a substantial amount of contact and communication with Campus Wellness staff and a significant commitment of time and effort from you! We know making lifestyle and “think style” changes is not easy – our staff is committed to helping you when you are ready!
Thinking of joining Choose to Lose? Are you ready for the following:
- Pre- and post-program physical health and behavior change measurement sessions
- Regular attendance at two group workouts and education sessions per week for nine weeks!
- Making health-positive changes a part of your DAILY routine!
Choose to Lose program includes:
- Twice per week education and cardiovascular workout sessions
- Regular logging of food intake and physical activity to discover behavioral patterns
- Access to reliable nutrition, exercise and health/wellness resources and tools
- Supportive environment within a group setting
- Small group and one-on-one coaching and support
Body fat composition of >30% for women and >25% for men.
- Body fat composition will be estimated at your pre-program measurement appointment and participation in the Choose to Lose program will be finalized for qualifying individuals. Interested individuals not meeting Choose to Lose program requirements, will receive information and consultation about other Campus Wellness and USC programs and services that may serve them better.