The Early Intervention and Outreach program at the Student Success Center provides assistance to undergraduate students who are at risk for withdrawing from the University of South Carolina. Our goal is to connect undergraduate students with services that promote student success and retention. One-on-one support is available to undergraduate students invested in their academic careers at USC, and to those planning to withdraw in the near future.
For more information, contact the Student Success Center at 803-777-1000.
The University of South Carolina is proud to announce Early Alert, an early intervention initiative using the MAP-Works platform. MAP-Works is a web-based tool that serves as a “check-in” for first year undergraduate students at the University of South Carolina. Undergraduate students take a survey early in each semester. Results reveal personal strengths and weaknesses and report how participants compare to other USC undergraduate students in college life adjustment. If survey results indicate challenges or risks, faculty and staff reach out to undergraduate students and connect them with campus resources.
How does it work?
MAP-Works provides undergraduate students with personalized online or printable (PDF) reports. Survey results anticipate undergraduate students’ needs and empower them to make positive connections and changes to enhance college life. In addition, it details helpful campus resources.
How do I access my survey or results?
Undergraduate students, faculty, and staff should visit sc.map-works.com. Then:
As an Undergraduate Student:
- Enter your email address in the “Students” block. A MAP-Works access link will be emailed to you. After survey completion, undergraduate students will immediately receive their results report.
As Faculty or Staff:
- First-time Users
- Sign up as a new user.
- Click on “Sign Up” and a box will appear. Enter your USC email address and click “Go”. Note: please use the email address that MAP-Works campus coordinators have listed for you. If you use a different email address, you will receive an error.
- An email will be sent to you from MAP-Works and will contain a link for you to complete your registration. Be sure to choose a password you will remember.
- For Returning Users
- Enter your email address in the “Faculty/Staff” block. Then enter your password in the appropriate field.
- How to Access MAP-Works (student/faculty/staff)
- Viewing Student Reports (faculty/staff only)
- How to Make Academic Updates (faculty/staff only)
- How to Make Referrals (faculty/staff only)
- How to Log Contact with Students (faculty/staff only)
Who are USC’s Campus Coordinators?
For technical issues, questions, or concerns, please contact:
|Jane BouknightAssistant Director of Outreach and Early Intervention
Coordinator of Outreach
|For more information, contact:
Student Success Center
803-777-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org