Process for Participants
Step 1 – Invite a professor to lunch by:
- Asking him/her before or after class
- Calling his/her office
- Emailing him/her
Step 2 – Pick up a ticket at any of the following offices:
- Student Success Center-Satellite
- Sims Hall SSC Office
- Columbia Hall SSC Office
- Bates House SSC Office
- Student Success Center Administrative Office
- Thomas Cooper Library
Step 3 – Choose a place to eat!
The OTL tickets are good anywhere on campus except for Marble Slab or the Russell House Starbucks.
- The Grand Market Place (in the Russell House)
- Preston Residential College’s at Noon (in the Russell House)
- Colloquium Café (near Gambrell & the Humanities Buildings)
- Gibbes Court (Capstone)
- Bates Carolina Diner (Bates House)
Step 4 – Have great conversation with your professor.
Suggestions for conversation topics:
- Class material or an assignment
- How the professor’s academic career has developed
- Why the professor came to the University of South Carolina
- What the professor enjoys about teaching
- Your career goals and aspirations after graduation
- Hobbies, USC Sports, or anything else!
- For additional questions to ask, click here
Need more information about the Out-to-Lunch program?
Contact the front desk of the Student Success Center at (803)777-1000 or Thomas Sellers at (803)777-0690 firstname.lastname@example.org.