Peer Tutoring FAQ’s
When does tutoring begin and end?
- Tutoring begins the Sunday after classes start and ends the last day of classes for the semester.
Where does tutoring take place?
- Tutoring takes place in the Student Success Center in the Thomas Cooper Library. Please visit the desk to check in and someone will direct you to the room for your course.
What are the hours of tutoring?
- Tutoring is from 6 PM to 10 PM on Sundays and 2 PM to 9 PM Monday through Thursday.
How do I make an appointment?
- To make an appointment, please follow the link: https://tutortrac.ssc.sa.sc.edu/TracWeb40/default.html or call 807-777-1000.
Do I have to make an appointment to attend tutoring?
- Tutoring is by appointment and on a drop in basis. However, making an appointment is strongly encouraged since each session can only support 1 undergraduate student. Please note that if you miss 1 appointment you will become ineligible to make any more appointments or call 807-777-1000.
How many students are allowed per tutoring session? How long can I stay?
- Each session is capped at 1 undergraduate student per session and lasts for one hour. Undergraduate students are encouraged to stay for at least 45 minutes to get the most out of the tutoring session. Undergraduate students must arrive within 15 minutes of the starting time.
How many times can I attend tutoring?
- Undergraduate students are allowed to make 2 appointments per week with a tutor.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
- Please log in to TutorTrac to cancel your appointment or call 803-777-1000.
What should I bring to tutoring?
- Each course is different but be sure to bring a pen, pencil, your textbook, any questions that you may have and anything else applicable to the course.
|For more information, contact:
Student Success Center
803-777-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org