Satisfactory Academic Progress
What is the SAP/ACE Process?
The Office of Financial Aid partners with ACE Coaching in the Student Success Center for a student appeal process called “Satisfactory Academic Progress” or SAP. Students who have lost their financial aid due to deficient academic performance are required to meet with an ACE Coach and complete an ACE Academic Plan. This plan is important for students to invest in and complete for several reasons:
- To meet and connect individually with an ACE Academic Success Coach and determine your academic goals
– To map out a clear and concrete plan for how you intend to reach your academic goals.
– To get connected with the various campus resources that can assist you in becoming academically successful
– To demonstrate that you have put significant thought and investment in your academic future
Please note: your ACE meeting is designed for your benefit and to help you reach your academic goals. ACE Coaches are here to help answer any academic questions you have about classes, advisement, course preparation and study skills. Please let us know how we can help you during your appointment.
Steps to Completing Your Appeal
If you have been referred to ACE to complete an Academic Plan for a Financial Aid appeal, you need to complete the following three steps:
1. Request an ACE Appointment online. It’s easy to do, simply fill out the form here.
2. Prepare for your appointment. There are three documents you must bring with you to your appointment.
- Your completed Academic Plan
- Your LASSI scores
- A copy of your transcript printed from Self Service Carolina. Log onto Self Service and click on the Records tab. Choose the option “Academic Transcript”
3. Attend your ACE Appointment and bring all three documents with you. Coaches are available in Bates House, Columbia Hall, Sims Hall and the SSC/Thomas Copper Library.
Please remember your completion of this Academic Plan and your ACE coaching session does not reinstate your Financial Aid. That decision will be made by the Financial Aid office once you complete these steps.
Important Documents to Reference
Completing your Appeal Over the Summer, if not in Columbia
If you need to completed the appeal process but are not in Columbia, you may be able to schedule a phone consultation. Learn more about this process and what you need to do to prepare.
|For more information, contact:
Student Success Center
803-777-1000 or email@example.com