Green Zone Training
The process of transitioning from the military to civilian life can pose challenges for all veterans, especially for those who are navigating the complex environment of a large public research university. Since the Post-9/11 GI Bill, additional opportunities for veterans to earn a college degree have resulted in a dramatic influx of veterans on college campuses. Faculty, staff, and undergraduate students need to be aware of the potential issues a undergraduate student veteran might face on a college campus and know what resources are available for this population.
Green Zone Trainings will provide participants with the following:
- An understanding of the military experience and emotional cycle of deployment.
- An understanding of the potential issues facing undergraduate student veterans as they transition from the military to our campus.
- An awareness of the resources available to undergraduate student veterans on and off our campus.
Green Zone Allies are not expected to be experts or mental health counselors. Green Zone Allies are a sympathetic ear and someone who can refer a undergraduate student veteran to appropriate on-campus resources.
Spring 2013 Green Zone Trainings dates & locations:
- Feb. 5th from 3 – 5 PM in Russell House room 304
- Feb. 13th from 9 – 11 AM in Russell House room 315
- Mar. 20th from 3 – 5 PM in Russell House room 315
- Apr. 3rd from 9 – 11 AM in Russell House room 315
- Apr. 17th from 3 – 5 PM in Russell house room 315
To sign up for a Green Zone Training, please complete the form below and click submit.
To register for a Green Zone Training please complete the registration form below. If you would like to schedule a training specifically for your department, office, organization, or group please contact Paul Millard, Coordinator of Transfer & Special Student Population Services, at 803-777-4163 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Trainings are approximately 2 hours long.
|For more information, contact:
Student Success Center
803-777-1000 or email@example.com