Tips for securing your belongings over the holiday breaks:
1. Close blinds and curtains.
2. Lock all doors and windows.
3. Leave a light and possibly a radio on.
4. Lock your car, and don’t leave valuables in your vehicle.
5. Secure your bike, moped or scooter.
6. Move all valuables from plain sight and take valuables with you when possible.
7. Ask a neighbor and/or the police to monitor the place while you are away.
8. Leave a vehicle parked on the property.
9. Never leave your key outside under a mat or in a place accessible to a stranger.
10. Never leave notes on your door that indicate you are away.
11. Stop mail delivery so it doesn’t pile up at https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/.