With graduation on the horizon, students have just a few weeks to get things in order before walking across the stage in May.
- Has your student verified the information in their graduation application? They can view how their name will be printed on their diploma and the address their diploma will be mailed to in Self-Service Carolina under “View Application to Graduate.”
- Have they ordered their cap and gown yet? The last day to order online is April 21. Students can also purchase graduation supplies from the bookstore in Russell House University Union.
- Remind your student to check their UofSC email for messages from the Office of the Registrar regarding their status and informing them of their ceremony seat number.
For seniors and their families, this is also a time to make a few more memories before leaving UofSC. Here are some ideas:
- Take graduation pictures on the Horseshoe.
- Enjoy one last meal at your student’s favorite restaurant.
- Ask your student to introduce you to their favorite instructor, mentor or supervisor.
- Make sure everything is completed on their UofSC Bucket List!
For your student’s commencement ceremony, consider the following reminders:
- Ceremonies traditionally last between 2 and 2 ½ hours
- Arrive a little early to find a parking spot
- A live webcast of the commencement exercises will be available for those who are unable to attend.
- Only tickets allotted to the graduating student will be accepted at the arena. The sale or purchase of commencement tickets is prohibited.
- Commencement ceremonies are celebratory occasions for both students and their loved ones. Celebrate this milestone in your student’s life, as well as the support you and your family offered throughout this journey!
- The university makes commencement widely accessible for those with disabilities. Review this helpful information regarding assistance at commencement exercises.
May 2017 Commencement Ceremonies
Friday, May 5, 2017, 3 p.m., Colonial Life Arena
Darla Moore School of Business, College of Nursing, College of Pharmacy, and Arnold School of Public Health
Saturday, May 6, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Colonial Life Arena
College of Arts and Sciences, College of Information and Communications, and South Carolina Honors College (BARSC students only)
Saturday, May 6, 2017, 3:00 p.m., Colonial Life Arena
College of Education, College of Engineering and Computing, College of Hospitality, Retail, and Sports Management, Interdisciplinary Programs, Palmetto College, School of Music, and College of Social Work
For more information about commencement, click here.