On-Campus Alcohol Event Approval Process
In accordance with the University of South Carolina Alcohol Policy, in order for an organization or academic department to host an event on campus where alcohol (beer or wine) is to be served, the following process must be followed:
1. Alcohol Policy Workshops will be held in the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center Boardroom (2nd floor) from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
The planned workshop dates are:
If you are unable to attend on those days or at that time, please email SAPE@sc.edu to schedule another time.
The following individuals MUST attend an Alcohol Policy Training Workshop prior to hosting an event:
• Student Organizations: President, Vice President, and Faculty/Staff Advisor
• Greek Organizations: President, Risk Management and/or Social Chair, and House Corporation President
• Departments: individual submitting the request who will be present at the event and the Department Chair/Head
3. Submit the Event Registration Form to the SAPE office:
Campus mail: Strom 302
If your event is being hosted in an unapproved location, the Event Registration Form MUST be received by the SAPE office at least 10 business days in advance of the event. If your event is being hosted at an approved location, the form must be received at least 5 days in advance of the event. Your Event Registration Form will be processed and returned to you once approved so that you may provide your catering/beverage service with beverage amounts.
For all questions relating to Alcohol Policy Workshops and alcohol event registration forms, please call 803-777-3933 or email SAPE@sc.edu.