• After your hearing at the Office of Student Conduct, it is important that you contact the SAPE Office within 2 business days to set up your initial STIR appointment.
• If you do not schedule your appointment within 5 business days of your hearing, a hold will be placed on your account.
• If there is a hold on your account for more than 5 business days, and you still have not scheduled your initial appointment, then your hearing officer will be notified and you will receive a Failure to Comply.
• Once you schedule your appointment, you will receive an email with your scheduled appointment date and time as a confirmation.
• If you receive our answering service, please leave your name, phone number, a brief message and the best available time to contact you.
• Please arrive to your STIR appointment 10 minutes early and bring your current and valid student identification card. Please plan to be at your initial STIR appointment for 1 hour.
• Our business office is located in the West Wing of the Russell House, Suite 33 in the Student Services Office.
• After your initial appointment, you will be billed a $100 fee that must be paid at the Bursar’s Office, located at 516/518 Main Street between Blossom & Wheat Streets and their office hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
• At the conclusion of your initial appointment, you will be scheduled for a 2nd appointment 2-3 weeks later.
• For the 2nd appointment, bring your student identification card and the STIR self-monitoring cards (which will be given to you in your first STIR appointment). Please refer to ‘What to Expect in STIR?’ at https://www.sa.sc.edu/sape/what-to-expect-in-stir/ for further details.
• If you need to reschedule, you must notify the SAPE Office at least 24 hours before your appointment, and the new appointment must be scheduled within 7 business days.
• A class conflict is the only acceptable reason for rescheduling an appointment.
• If you miss an appointment without notifying the SAPE Office, your hearing officer will be notified and a hold will be placed on your account. If you miss a rescheduled appointment, your hearing officer will be notified and you will receive a Failure to Comply.