After two months as your Student Body President, I am thrilled to announce that my staff and I have made major progress on many of our initiatives. We have been working hard to ensure the success of these programs in order to serve the student body better than ever before. Below, you will find just a few of the accomplishments the Office has made since the term began.
- Appointed 25 secretaries onto the Executive Cabinet, including those under the newly-created positions of Athletics, Greek Affairs, and It’s On Us.
- Successfully conducted the first two cabinet meetings, in which secretaries and deputies discussed goals and initiatives for the upcoming year.
- Co-sponsored the It’s On Us Kickball Tournament to benefit the Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands, and promoted It’s On Us Denim Day to raise prevention and awareness of sexual assault on USC’s campus.
- Made major progress in planning Carolina Kickoff, a Carolina community-focused concert and pep rally event to take place in the fall, including partnerships with Carolina Productions, Gamecock Athletics, and My Carolina Alumni Association.
- Laid the foundation for MyOffCampus, a resource for students to compare off-campus housing options and avoid hidden fees. We collaborated with USC computer science students to create an app that will launch this fall.
- Initiated conversations with Gamecock Athletics regarding concession discounts, accessible and reasonably priced water bottles in football games
- Worked alongside university administration to ensure more effective, accessible and free late night transportation that will be unveiled to the student body this fall.
- Solidified the future of Gamecock Reach, a peer listening program operated by Student Government in conjunction with Student Health Services.
- Participated in the organization of Lead The Way, an ongoing voter-registration campaign. The campaign is entirely student-led and aims to register 5,000 students to vote in the Fall semester of 2016.
We have laid the foundation for a very successful term, in which I aim to engage, enrich, and empower the USC student body. I thank my staff and the 2016-17 executive cabinet for all of the hard work they have put in thus far, and look forward to serving our Gamecock community in the months to come.
We love to hear your feedback! Reach out with your questions, comments, or concerns to email@example.com.