If you are in crisis and of immediate danger of harming yourself or someone else, please call 911.
After Hours Crisis Resources
• Emergency: 911
• USC Police: 803-777-4215
Palmetto Health Baptist Hospital (.9 miles from the Russell House)
1301 Taylor St.
Columbia, SC 29220
Providence Hospital (2 miles)
2435 Forest Dr.
Columbia, SC 29204
Palmetto Health Richland Hospital (2.75 miles)
3301 Harden St.
Columbia, SC 29203
Doctor's Care (2.6 miles)
977 Knox Abbott Drive
Cayce SC 29033
Doctor's Care (3.2 miles)
511 Beltline Blvd.
Columbia SC 29205
Doctor's Care (4 miles)
4500 Forest Drive, Suite A
Columbia SC 29206
• 24 hr Suicide Hotline: 800-273-8255
• Rape Crisis Hotline: 803-771-7273 (RAPE)
• Domestic Violence Crisis Hotline: 803-765-9428
• Richland Springs Hospital Help Line: 803-434-4800
**The student health fee does not cover services received at any outside facility.
On-Campus Crisis Resources
- Emergency Services: If you are in crisis and of immediate danger of harming yourself or someone else, please call 911.
- On-Campus Emergency Service: USC Police 803-777-4215
- Walk-in Assessments: If you are in crisis and not in immediate danger of harming yourself or someone else, walk-in assessments are available at CAP during business hours Monday-Friday in counseling (Thomson Building, 1409 Devine St.) or Sundays from 2-8 p.m. in the Center of Health and Well-Being during the fall and spring semesters.
- 24/7 Sexual Assault/Violence Assistance: If you experience a sexual assault or violent situation and need the assistance of a Student Health Services sexual assault advocate after hours, call the USC Police Department at 803-777-4215, and they will contact the advocate. For more information, visit www.sc.edu/stopsexualassault. If it is an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.