CONNECTIONS ON CAMPUS
Building connections are essential for your success and mental health at Carolina. Finding one’s place on campus may seem like a daunting task. College provides a newfound independence in a new surrounding that is full of unfamiliar faces. College provides opportunities to meet, interact with and connect with a large range of people. It is easy to feel left out and lacking an identity among all the happenings on campus. Involvement is a great way to discover organizations and people that may share similar ideals. You don’t have to get connected all on your own, talk to a resident mentor, connect with the Leadership and Service Center and seek the advice of a mentor, adviser or professor.
What are some ways to get involved on campus?
- Garnet Gate offers a full listing of student organizations on campus: https://garnetgate.sa.sc.edu
- Campus Recreation maintains two facilities, Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center and Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center: https://campusrec.sc.edu
- Intramural Sports, Group Exercise and Personal Training are offered.
- The Leadership and Service Center has professional development programs and opportunities to engage in community service: www.sa.sc.edu/leadershipandservice
- The USC Student Life Page is the central hub for Carolina Welcome Week, USC Homecoming, Fraternity and Sorority Life and general campus events: www.sa.sc.edu/welcome
- University101 offers undergraduate courses that are designed for new students to get familiar with the University of South Carolina and college life: www.sc.edu/univ101
- The Russell House is home to the Golden Spur Gameroom, Carolina Theatre, Carolina Productions and Student Employment: www.sa.sc.edu/rhuu
- Student Health Services offers many programs and events to encourage a Healthy Carolina community: www.sa.sc.edu/shs/events