- TAO is a seven to nine week, interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
- TAO is based on well-researched and highly effective strategies for helping anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
- Each week, you will watch engaging videos, complete exercises, and meet with a counselor via private, secure, videoconferencing for a 10-15 minute consultation.
- Weekly exercises take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
- Daily homework can be completed on a smart phone, tablet, or computer. These take about 1-2 minutes per entry and the treatment is most effective if you make an entry 2 or more times per day.
TAO allows you to get effective treatment when your schedule, or life, makes it hard to get to the counseling center. You will have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7 and a dedicated time to meet online with your counselor each week. The most recent research shows this treatment model with effect sizes equal to or exceeding face-to-face therapy.
Check out a sample TAO session at this link: TAO Understanding Depression
To begin engaging in TAO services, please call Counseling & Psychiatry at 803-777-5223 to schedule your triage.
Current TAO user Log-in: https://thepath.taoconnect.org
*** The TAO Self-Help is intended as a prevention program and is not a treatment for mental health disorders. If you require treatment for an emotional or mental health problem please contact your local counseling service at 803-777-5223.
Interactive Screening Program:
The Interactive Screening Program (ISP), created by The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), affords USC Students the opportunity to take a free, anonymous, on-line mental health screening. With the results and recommendations made from this mental health screening you will obtain feedback from a counselor. For more information about ISP, please see https://www.uscscreening.org/welcome.cfm?access=website