Community Consultation and Intervention (CCI)
Concerned about a Carolina Student? Call us, we can help.
If you are concerned about a USC student and not sure what to do, call Counseling & Psychiatry at 803-777-5223 for assistance.
We can provide consultation to USC Community Members, including faculty, staff, students, family members and friends.
- Guidance on how to talk with a student who appears to be struggling.
- Information about how to understand, provide assistance, or get help for a student of concern
- Strategies for helping a student connect with the Counseling Center or other support services
Through these consultations, we are often able to work with USC Community partners to find ways to streamline and strengthen campus systems for identifying and assisting students in distress.
- Meeting with the concerned Community Member and the student of concern together to provide support, problem solving, advocacy, and guidance on the situation
- Behind the scenes case management and advoca
- Increased alcohol or drug use
- Withdrawal from friends, family and society
- Inconsistencies with previous work; increase in poorly prepared work
- Infrequent class attendance
- Marked changes in personal hygiene
- Excessive weight gain or loss
- Comments that suggest thoughts about hopelessness or harming oneself