Top 10 Reasons to Participate in Group Therapy
10. Group allows you to gather multiple perspectives on issues and concerns.
9. One participant said, “It’s really nice to be able to say what’s going on in my head without being judged because everyone is experiencing / dealing with similar issues.”
8. Group therapy is the treatment of choice for many psychological disorders – including anxiety!
7. You don’t have to deal with problems alone.
6. Group is just one of the many ways the Carolina Community and Counseling can meet your needs and support you as a whole person.
5. Another participant shared, "[Group] was better than I had hoped for - I felt close, cared for, and better able to express myself."
4. Group offers a chance to use your knowledge and experiences to help others resolve challenges.
3. Use group to build your sense of hope that things can improve.
2. Utilizing new and different resources allows you to build trust in your own ability to find ways to get yourself though any challenge.
1. Learn more about yourself and experiment with new ways of relating to others!