Choose to Lose
What are the improvements for the Spring 2016 session?
To participate in Choose to Lose this Fall, you have to meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time faculty or staff member
- Complete questionnaires after you register for the program
- Complete a pre-assessment appointment (scheduled after you register)
- Body fat composition of greater than 30 percent for women and greater than 25 percent for men.
- Note: membership is not required for the Blatt PE Center. All you will need for class is your Carolina Card to access the building.
How long does Choose to Lose last?
Choose to Lose is a 12-week weight management program that begins Monday, January 25, 2016 and ends on Thursday, April 14, 2016 in the Blatt PE Center, Gym 307.
What is Choose to Lose?
This 12-week program focuses on creating a solid foundation for creating and sustaining healthy lifestyle changes. Through the use of health coaches, participants follow the Four Pillars of Choose to Lose Success:
- Accountability for your actions and behaviors
- Attendance at every Choose to Lose session
- Commitment to the overall program from beginning to end
- Tracking your food intake and weight through weekly check-ins
The program is designed for individuals seeking assistance with healthy lifestyle changes. This program includes a substantial amount of contact and communication with your health coach and a significant commitment of time and effort from you!We know making lifestyle and attitude changes are not easy and our staff is committed to helping you when you are ready!
What does Choose to Lose offer?
- Twice per week education and physical activity sessions
- Tracking of food and activity to discover behavioral patterns
- Access to reliable nutrition, exercise and health/wellness resources and tools
- Supportive environment within a group setting
- Small group and one-on-one coaching and support
How do I register for Choose to Lose?
You must register for Choose to Lose by January 19th to participate.
Registrations are accepted on a first-come basis and program capacity is limited to 25 participants in each program.