Choose to Lose
What are the improvements for the Fall 2015 session?
To participate in Choose to Lose this Fall, you have to meet the following criteria:
- Become a member of the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center
- Be a full-time faculty or staff member
- Complete questionnaires after you register for the program
- Complete a pre-assessment appointment (scheduled after you register)
- Body fat composition of greater than 30 percent for women and greater than 25 percent for men.
- Complete an energy assessment
There are various membership options available for full-time faculty and staff at the Strom. Visit the website to learn more about membership and fees: http://campusrec.sc.edu/wfc/membership/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns. Note: All employees are eligible for a free 30 day trial at the STWFC. We encourage you to complete the membership process by August 20, 2015.
How long does Choose to Lose last?
Choose to Lose is a 12 week weight management program that begins Tuesday, September 1, 2015 and ends on Thursday, November 19, 2015. Classes will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 PM-6:30 PM in the Martial Arts Room of the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center.
What is Choose to Lose?
This 12-week program focuses on creating a solid foundation for creating and sustaining healthy lifestyle changes. Through the use of health coaches, participants follow the Four Pillars of Choose to Lose Success:
- Accountability for your actions and behaviors
- Attendance at every Choose to Lose session
- Commitment to the overall program from beginning to end
- Tracking your food intake and weight through weekly check-ins
The program is designed for individuals seeking assistance with healthy lifestyle changes. This program includes a substantial amount of contact and communication with your health coach and a significant commitment of time and effort from you!We know making lifestyle and attitude changes are not easy and our staff is committed to helping you when you are ready!
What does Choose to Lose offer?
- Twice per week education and physical activity sessions
- Tracking of food and activity to discover behavioral patterns
- Access to reliable nutrition, exercise and health/wellness resources and tools
- Supportive environment within a group setting
- Small group and one-on-one coaching and support
How do I register for Choose to Lose?
You must register for Choose to Lose by August 21, 2015 to participate.
Registrations are accepted on a first-come basis and program capacity is limited to 30 participants in each program.