Careers at SHS
Join our team! The University of South Carolina is one of only 40 public universities to earn the Carnegie Foundation’s top-tier designations in research activity and community engagement. According to national publications like Kiplinger’s Inc. and U.S. News and World Report, our programs stack up against the best in the nation and around the world. The University serves a diverse population of 32,000 students with widely varying backgrounds, career goals, and levels of aspiration. USC Columbia offers over 320 degrees at the bachelor's, master's, doctoral, and professional program levels, affording students the most comprehensive array of educational programs in the state.
Student Health Services reporting through the Division of Student Affairs, is accredited as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Care (AAAHC). Through the Medical Home model, each student is partnered with a designated primary care provider (PCP) and a team of professionals who provide integrated care while focusing on prevention and wellness throughout their time at USC.
The following are open positions at Student Health Services:
Director of Counseling and Psychiatric Services Counselor/Therapist Associate Director for Campus Mental Health Initiatives Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Graduate Assistantships for Student Health Services:
Thank you for your interest in a Graduate Assistantship in Student Health Services!
Please review the position descriptions before completing your application (hyperlink “your application” to the application form). One application will allow you to be considered for up to three (3) of the positions. You will be prompted to rank the positions you would like to be considered for. You will also need to:
- Provide three (3) references (at least one professional)
- Upload current resume (as PDF)
- Upload Statement of Interest (as PDF). Your statement of interest should be between 300-500 words. It should focus on your knowledge, skills, ability and experience that help you meet the responsibilities listed in the position description. It should also explain your interest in the area/focus for the job. If you would like to be considered for more than one GA position, please indicate which ones in your statement.
Deadline for application: April 4, 2017
- Be Well Carolina and General Wellness
- Campus Mental Health Initiatives Mental Health Programming
- Conference Planning & Outreach Support – Southern College Health Association 2018
- Gamecocks LiveWell – Faculty/Staff Wellness
- General Wellness (Summer 2017 only)
- Healthy Carolina Initiatives – Farmers Market/Communications
- Peer Leadership and General Wellness
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention & Prevention – Education, Outreach and Advocacy
- Sexual Health, Body Image, Positive Relationships
- Stress Management