Students in crisis
• If you are a student experiencing a crisis, call 803-777-5223 or come to the Counseling & Psychiatry counseling office on the Close/Hipp fifth floor. Please let them know you are in a crisis and need immediate services.
If you are a student in need of counseling, you can access services using the information below.
• Call 803-777-5223
Appointment Hours – For any counseling needs
Fall & Spring Semester
• 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday
• 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday
• 2 – 8 p.m. Sundays
• 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
After Hours Crisis Resources**
• Emergency: 911
• USC Police: 803-777-4215
• Local hospitals and urgent care clinics: https://www.sa.sc.edu/shs/afterhours/
• 24-hour Suicide Hotline: 800-273-8255
• Rape Crisis Hotline: 803-771-7273 (RAPE)
• Domestic Violence Crisis Hotline: 803-765-9428
• Richland Springs Hospital Help Line: 803-434-4813
**The student health fee does not cover services received at any outside facility.
On-Campus Crisis Resources
• Emergency Services: If you are in crisis and of immediate danger of harming yourself or someone else, please call 911.
• On-Campus Emergency Service: USC Police 803-777-4215
• 24/7 Sexual Assault/Violence Assistance: If you experience a sexual assault or violent situation and need the assistance of a Student Health Services sexual assault advocate after hours, call the USC Police Department at 803-777-4215, and they will contact the advocate. For more information, visit www.sc.edu/stopsexualassault. If it is an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.