ESPN’s SportsCenter on the Road to Broadcast Live from the Horseshoe
ESPN will broadcast live from the historic Horseshoe at the University of South Carolina for the fourth time in six years when SportsCenter on the Road visits for a live show airing 7-9 a.m. ET on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015. The Gamecocks take on the Vanderbilt Commodores in a Homecoming matchup at 4 p.m. on the SEC Network.
Friday filming on Greene Street in front of the Russell House
The SportsCenter on the Road bus will arrive in Columbia on Friday, and SportsCenter will film a segment Friday afternoon between 4 and 5 p.m. from Greene Street in front of the Russell House University Union during the final Homecoming Week event, called “There’s No Place Like Carolina Celebration.”
Students should wear garnet to the event, which will be held 4-5:30 p.m. It will showcase the university community and feature food and drinks, giveaways, community speakers, recognition of local first responders and UofSC volunteers who have helped with the recent flood relief efforts and a display of banners, photos, float displays and more from the Homecoming week. (For more information about Homecoming, visit homecoming.sc.edu.)
What to know for the Saturday morning broadcast on the Horseshoe
· Carolina students, alumni and fans should wear garnet!
· Bring a white rally towel, if you have one.
· Start arriving at the Horseshoe at 5:45 a.m. and be in place by 6:30 a.m.
· Please note that overnight camping on the Horseshoe will not be permitted.
· Parking is available in the Pendleton Street Parking Garage and at meters around campus.
· Portable restrooms are available in the parking lots behind Harper-Elliott and Pinckney-Legare.
To read the full information about SportsCenter on the Road’s visit to UofSC, click here.
Use #UofSC, #Gamecocks and #SContheRoad hashtags when you share photos!
If you have questions or need more information, please contact the Department of Student Life at 803-777-5782. Please use bit.ly/uofscsportscenter to share this information on social media.