Student Ticketing Frequently Asked Questions

1. I am a part-time undergraduate or graduate student taking less than 12 credit hours at USC. How much is the athletics event fee so I can have access to student tickets?

The athletics fee has to be added to your tuition bill by the Bursar’s Office (803-777-4233). The Bursar’s Office also accepts payment for this fee. The Student Ticketing Office DOES NOT handle the athletics fee payment. The fee MUST be paid at least a week and a half prior to the first home game. It is the student’s responsibility to find out when the exact deadline is through the Bursar.

•12+ credit hours – fee included in tuition
• 6-11.99 credit hours – please pay Athletic Fee to Bursar
• 0-5.99 credit hours – NOT eligible
*These guidelines apply to undergraduates and graduates.

2. I’m unsure of how to log in. How do I go about doing this?

When you enroll into the University and pay your fees, you will receive an email during the first week of classes that includes your account ID and password. If you do not receive that information, please contact the Student Ticketing Office via email at sastutix@mailbox.sc.edu.  Students should not create their own account, if they do please have them contact the Student Ticketing Office.

3. How do I get a student football ticket? (Registration schedule is below)

Request Period – Students will have two days to request during the week of each home game on the days indicated above beginning at 9 a.m. on the first day until 4 p.m. on the second day.

Claim Period – Students are put in point order (largest to smallest) based on their reward points, and the first students are awarded a lower deck ticket. Students at the threshold of the point cutoff will be put in order of completed credit hours and tickets will be assigned to those with the most to the least until there are no more tickets available. An email will be sent to students to claim their ticket.  Students have from 9 a.m. on the first day until 4 p.m. on the second day.

On Demand Period (this period will be utilized by first year students the most) – If all lower deck tickets are not claimed, those remaining tickets will be made available online on a first-come, first-served basis on the days indicated above beginning at 4:30 p.m. Tickets will remain on the system until 4 p.m. the day before the game.

4. What are reward points?

Reward points are points earned from seniority and attending any home Gamecock athletic event. The more points you have, the more likely you are to be awarded a football ticket. Points are updated within three to five business days. Any questions you have about your reward points should be sent to  screward@mailbox.sc.edu.

Reward Point Breakdown by Classification
Freshman – 3 | Sophomore – 4 | Junior/Graduate – 6 | Senior – 8
*10% of the total points you earn during the academic year rollover. Points do NOT rollover from undergrad to graduate.*

5. Are there guest tickets for non-students, out of town guests, etc.?

Due to the large demand of student tickets at the University of South Carolina, there is NOT a guest ticket option for students.

6. What if my parents or other guest(s) want to purchase tickets?

If your parents or other family member(s) are interested in purchasing tickets, they can visit the Ticketmaster website or call the Gamecock Ticket Office at 803-777-4274 to purchase tickets.

7. Can I sit with my parents if they have purchased tickets?

In order to sit with your parents, they have to purchase a ticket for you. You cannot use your student ticket to sit with your parents in other areas of our athletic facilities.

8. What if I decide I don’t want to go to a particular game?

If you have a ticket and decide that you do not want to go to that game, you must follow the instructions on how to cancel your ticket. Students who do not cancel their ticket PRIOR to kickoff and do not attend the game are considered NO SHOWS and their ticketing privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the season.

9. What happens if I don’t use the ticket I transferred (claimed) onto my Carolina Card?

If you don’t use the ticket you transferred onto your Carolina Card, that is considered a no-show. The no-show policy is that if you claim a football ticket and do not use it, then your football ticketing privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the season. There is an appeal process for circumstances that are out of your control. Please visit the Student Ticketing Office on the following business day to make an appeal.

10. How am I able to get student ADA seating at athletic events?

Students with a disability will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis as the seating is very limited. If you are awarded a ticket after placing a request, please notify the Student Ticketing Coordinator via email (sastutix@mailbox.sc.edu) or by visiting the Student Ticketing Office during the claim period.

11. I am married. How do I get my spouse a student ticket? Kids?

If you are married or have children, you will have to purchase ticket(s) for them. If you would like to sit with them, you will have to forfeit your student ticket and purchase a ticket for yourself as well.

12. Is there transportation available to students to home games? Away games?

Transportation is available to students FREE OF CHARGE to ALL HOME GAMES via the University shuttles beginning 3 hours prior to game time. Guests are charged $3 round trip to ride the shuttle. Transportation is NOT provided to away games.

13. Where do I park for games if I would like to drive?

If students are interested in purchasing a tailgating spot, a limited number of single game spots are available in the Fairgrounds (Gate 8) for $40 starting five hours prior to game time (no earlier than 8 a.m.). Parking is also available for different fees in different lots that are unaffiliated with the university.

14. I still have questions. Who do I contact?

Patrick Flynn, Student Ticketing Coordinator
Russell House West Wing 115F – Columbia, SC 29208
803-777-6102
sastutix@mailbox.sc.edu