Travel Authorization (TA) Form
*must be logged into a USC network to use*

Travel Reimbursement Voucher (TRV) Form

Event Reimbursement Form

Event Purchase Order Form

Student Org: Employee/Student Supplier Form

*all descriptions and “How-To” videos for each form are below*

Travel Authorization (TA) Form

TATA forms are used to give permission for student organizations to travel as official representatives of the University. This form needs to be turned into the Department of Student Life at least one-week before the scheduled travel date.

University-registered student organizations are subject to the same policies and procedures applicable to University staff. Although most travel expenses are acceptable for reimbursement, the actual amount you were allocated may vary from renting a van to several nights stay in a hotel. Regardless of the amount, students are expected to be good stewards of the funds they are given. This means that students are expected to be reasonable and not spend excessively. A good rule of thumb is to question whether you would spend that amount if it were your own money. If the answer is no, then you probably shouldn’t spend that much Student Activity Fund money either.

The TA needs to have the President or Treasurer’s signature and the Advisor’s signature before turning in the document. All student travelers must be listed on the TA. Keep a copy of the signed TA for your organization records.

*If a student/student group is driving more than 500 miles away from campus for a conference or competition, the executive board members of the organization will need to write a rationale statement to the Travel Department on where they are going, why they are going, and why they are not flying to the specific destination

Travel Reimbursement Voucher (TRV) Form


TRV forms are used to reimburse individuals that paid for specific portions of the conference/competition travel. The reimbursement will only go towards approved travel funds by the respective Finance Committee with original, itemized receipts. If the reimbursement is coming from self-generated, organization funds, the President/Treasurer will specify who will be reimbursed for what based off of the original, itemized receipts given.

You will need to refer to your TA number at the top of the TA form to complete your TRV. You must provide original, itemized receipts with your TRV form.



Event Reimbursement Form

If your organization is looking to reimburse an individual after an event has occurred, the President/Treasurer will need to submit an Event Reimbursement/Payment Form to the Department of Student Life, Finance Office in Suite 115.

  • Reimbursement for a specific person or vendor would need the Event Reimbursement/Payment Form completed with original, itemized receipts turned in within fifteen (15) days of the event taking place.
    • If an organization is looking to pay a vendor after an event, please make sure the vendor is signed on with the University’s purchasing system. If they are not signed on, you will need to obtain their W-9 information for payment.
    • If an organization is looking to reimburse a member after an event, please make sure that they have also completed a Student Reimbursement Info Form.
    • Any reimbursement paperwork submitted after an event that had food or drinks needs to have an attendance list attached to the Reimbursement/Payment Form.
    • If you are a student, you only need to fill out the top box, sign and date the document. You do not need to fill out the department information.
    • If you are an advisor, you must fill out the entire form.

*Disregard the email address at the bottom of the page. You will need to print out this form and bring it to the Student Organization Finance Advisor in Russell House West Wing Suite 115. Or, scan a signed copy of the PDF and email it to

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 2.18.40 PM



Event Purchase Order Form

Student Organization Payment Request

A Purchase Order is a signed contract with the University to a specific vendor stating that the vendor will be paid a specific amount after the event or services have transpired. This is the best way for an organization to pay for a vendor because it does not require any member to front money for the organization.

  • If an organization is looking to create a Purchase Order for a vendor, first make sure the vendor is signed on with the University’s purchasing system.
    • If they are not signed on, you will need to obtain their W-9 information before the Purchase Order can be created.
  • The organization will need to submit a Student Organization Payment Request Form with an advance invoice from the vendor at least four (4) weeks in advance from when the event occurs.