Healthy Carolina’s Lactation Support Program is free of cost to all university faculty, staff, students, and their spouses. Its goal is to establish lactation support and management services while also creating opportunities for University of South Carolina mothers to meet the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations of breastfeeding for a total of 12 months. Services offered by the program include:
• Nursing Mother’s Lounges across campus for pumping or breastfeeding
• Learn-at-Lunches on breastfeeding, pregnancy, infant care, and proper
nutrition for mothers and baby
• Listserv and website resources
• Lending Library of breastfeeding and parenting books and resources
• The USC Lactation Policy
If you or any of your employees and/or coworkers are currently pregnant or recently welcomed a baby and are interested in participating, please contact Katherine Kovich at: 803-777-1650 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a nursing mother and are interested in checking out a key to a Nursing Mother's Lounge on campus, please complete the Lactation Room Authorization Request Form located under the Nursing Mother's Lounges section below.
The goal of the Lactation Support Initiative is to establish lactation support services at the University.
This initiative is open to all faculty, staff and students at the university and consists of:
Lactation Support Policy
Education and Consultation
- Breastfeeding classes with a certified Lactation Consultant
- Lunch N’ Learns regarding pumping and proper nutrition
Nursing Mothers Lounges on Campus
- • Lactation Room Authorization Request Form
• Moore School of Business (BA) Room 786
• Wardlaw School of Education Room 212
• Byrnes 604-E
• Child Development and Research Center 223
• Thomas Cooper Library Room L225 on Level 2
Don’t see your building listed?
Contact Healthy Carolina to discuss donating space to this program.
Map of Nursing Mothers Lounges
• Breastfeeding Latch Video
• Healthy Carolina Lactation Program
• 101 Reasons to Breastfeed
• Benefits of Breastfeeding
• Breastfeeding Benefits from Top to Bottom
• Challenges and Strategies
• How can dad help?
• My Breastfeeding and Working Plan
• Successful Strategies for Employers
• Tips for Breastfeeding Success
• Tips for Dad
• Tips for Mom
• Moms, Babies and the Flu: What to do?